20 January, 2016
Low FODMAP Soup: Potato, Chive and Spinach
Posted in : Every Day Basics, Light Bites, Light Lunch, Soup, Vegetarian on by : Bryony Campion Tags: chives, potato, soup, spinach
This wholesome tasty soup is a great low FODMAP winter warmer.
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil (what is this?)
- 6 potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 cup chives, chopped – reserve a few for garnish (grow your own)
- 2 cups spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cayenne
- In a large soup pot over medium heat add the garlic infused oil. Add the potato cubes and chives and sauté for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add boiling water, miso paste, pepper and nutmeg. Bring soup to a simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the spinach and leave on the heat until just wilted.
- Remove from heat, and blend with a stick blender or transfer to a blender jug if necessary. When blending if the soup is too thick add a small amount of water at a time until the desired thickness is achieved. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish soup with a few chopped chives and a pinch of cayenne; serve immediately or cool quickly and keep in a covered jar for up to three days in the fridge.