28 January, 2016
Low FODMAP Soup: Oriental Carrot and Parsnip
This warming soup can be spiced up with the addition of extra chilli if you like things hot – when blended the rice adds creaminess without extra fat and provides carbohydrates to make this a meal on its own!
- 2 large parsnips
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tbsp light cooking oil
- 1 tbsp uncooked white rice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp garlic infused oil (what is this?)
- 1 tbsp miso paste (what is this?)
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 tbsp soya sauce (check ingredients)
- 1 finely chopped fresh chilli (optional)
- juice of 1 lime
- finely chopped fresh coriander
- Chop the parsnip and carrot into small chunks and saute gently in the light oil until just softening. Stir frequently to prevent burning
- Add the ginger, optional chilli and rice and stir.
- Add the miso paste, soya sauce and water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- When the parsnips and carrots are completely soft and the rice is tender, remove from heat and allow to cool a little.
- Pour the mixture into a liquidizer and liquidize until completely smooth.
- Pour back into the pan and add the garlic infused oil, lime juice, coriander and extra soy sauce to taste.
- Reheat and serve topped with some fresh coriander.