12 June, 2013
Low FODMAP Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese and Chive Omelette
Comments : 4 Posted in : Brunch, Light Lunch on by : Bryony Campion Tags: chives, cream cheese, eggs, smoked salmon
This luxurious omelette makes a fantastic light lunch or tasty weekend brunch, especially when served with toasted spelt bread!
- 3 free-range eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp full fat cream cheese
- 30g smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- small bunch of fresh chives, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, gently beat the eggs together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In another bowl mix the smoked salmon, cream cheese and chives together.
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in an omelette pan (or non-stick frying pan) until the butter begins to foam. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for a few seconds.
- Allow the omelette to set lightly before scraping the set part around the edges inwards to the centre. Repeat this motion 4-5 times, or until the omelette has lightly cooked through but is still soft and creamy in the centre.
- Sprinkle the chopped smoked salmon and cream cheese mixture into the middle of the omelette and fold the omelette over in half.
- Slide the omelette out onto dish and serve.