17 February, 2016
Low FODMAP Simple Spaghetti Bolognese
Posted in : Dinner, Every Day Basics, Italian, Sauces and Pastes on by : Bryony Campion Tags: beef, chives, garlic infused oil, gluten-free pasta, Italian, tomato
A tummy-friendly version of this week-night favourite for all the family to enjoy.
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic infused oil (what is this?)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (what is this?)
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 glass red wine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 whole bay leaf (remove before serving)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the cooking oil and brown off the mince in a pan. Drain off any excess fat in the bottom of the pan once the mince is brown.
- Add the wine, oregano, basil, chives and tomato paste and stir.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, anchovy paste, pepper and garlic infused oil. Stir and then simmer for 30-45 minutes without a lid. If the sauce looks to be thickening too much, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Season to taste and serve with gluten free pasta and a sprinkle of grated parmesan.