23 June, 2013
Low FODMAP Bruschetta
Posted in : Brunch, Italian, Light Bites, Light Lunch, Vegetarian on by : Bryony Campion Tags: Italian, spelt, spring onion, tomato
Whoever thought Italian food could be tasty and low FODMAP? This dish makes a beautiful starter, light lunch or picnic option!
- 8 palm sized slices of sourdough spelt bread
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions (green part only)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic infused oil
- 8 springs basil
- salt and pepper
- Lay the slices of sourdough spelt bread out and lightly brush each one with garlic infused oil.
- Pre-heat the grill and toast the oiled bread until golden and crunchy.
- Quarter and then halve again the tomatoes and finely shred the green parts of the spring onion.
- Mixed the chopped tomatoes and spring onion in a bowl with 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1tsp garlic infused oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the toasted sourdough spelt bread with the tomato mixture and garnish with a sprig of basil.